Cool Southwestern Salad// here is the normal content // ?>
This flavorful salad features pinto beans, corn, and avocado with a zesty dressing. It contains protein, fiber, and healthy fats- making it a perfectly balanced meal for any occasion.
- Prep Time20 min
- Total Time20 min
- Yield4 servings
For the salad
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 avocados, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15.5-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 9-ounce bag tortilla chips
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, corn, avocados, beans, onion, and cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss.
Serve or refrigerate to save for later.