Pest Management for High Tunnels// here is the normal content // ?>
Ipm for high tunnels and greenhouse sites going into Spring, based on a good article from University of Kentucky Extension:
- Start clean and stay clean.
- Sanitation and weed control in and around structures, repair screening for insect pests.
- Regular monitoring and visual inspection of plants and sticky cards. Know crop history and pests encountered, and keep records
- Detect pest problems early, while at manageable levels. Identify pests and for aphids and whiteflies identify them to species. County Extension offices and Plant Clinics can help with this.
- Release beneficial species (natural enemies and pollinators), from reputable suppliers. Monitor populations because beneficial species require management.