Delaware State Fair (4-H Involvement)// here is the normal content // ?>
The Delaware State Fair is a terrific opportunity to showcase all you have done in the 4-H program.
All youth enrolled in the Delaware 4-H program are eligible to exhibit articles made as a part of project or activity work, and participate in demonstration and judging programs outlined in this department of the Fair. An enrollment card or group membership form must be on file with the County 4-H Educator by March 1st of the current year.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE – 4-H EXHIBIT TAGS SPECIAL GUIDELINES
We need every 4-H member to follow the following steps in handling your exhibit tags:
- DO NOT DETACH or tear off any portion of the entry tag for any reason for any exhibit.
- Enter your age on the exhibit tag if it is not already listed. This should be your 4-H age as of January 1, 2019.
- Enter your “4-H Club” name on the tag if it is not already listed.
- Securely attach tag to exhibit with best method using tape, string, or safety pin. Tags can be taped on the back side of posters, pictures, or frames. (DO NOT USE GLUE as tag will be removed to attach ribbon).
- Please remember that exhibit guidelines request that all 4-H exhibits have a label on them that will help identify exhibit ownership and class should the tag become separated for any reason.
2019 4-H – DELAWARE STATE FAIR
- 4-H Department/Pages for Delaware State Fair
- Fair Newsletter
- Buyback Policy for Jr. Livestock Auction
- Lawn Tractor Driving Training – Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- Fair Map to 4-H Building (the Centre)
Special Instructions and resources for…
- SPECIAL REGISTRATION PROCESS for Consumer Champions, Avian Bowl and Window Display: Teams should be entered under their 4-H Club Name. To do this, enter the Delaware State Fair website Exhibitor page. The leader signs into the online entry system.
>> Enter your club name, i.e., Porter Gang, as the exhibitor name.
>> Address, etc., the leader uses their own information so any information or premiums awarded are mailed to this address.
>> Continue to the 4-H Department, select your contest (State Avian Bowl, for example), and continue to the very end of the process.
>> If a club has multiple teams in the same contest, enter each team separately, and indicate Club name Team 1, Club name Team 2, etc. to identify each different team.
- Talent Show: Register ONLINE here or print off form [pdf] or [Word] here and mail to the State 4-H Office. This form will not open in Mozilla/Firefox. Call the State 4-H Office should you have any question (302-831-2509).
- Demonstrations and Digital Photography Slideshow: Send PowerPoint Presentations via UD Dropbox
(Instruction: Click the “Drop-off” button. Enter your information in box 1. For Box 2 recipient email, enter: de4h. Upload your file in box 3 and then hit the “drop-off the file” box. You’re done!)
- Poster Guideline
- Cut Flower Guidelines
- Dish Garden and Terrarium Guidelines
2018- Spring Vasey
2017- Lena Berry, Kent
2016 – Laurie Wooten, Sussex
2015 – Holly Anderson, Sussex
2014 – Jessica Sullivan, Kent
2013 – Bethany Killmon, Sussex
2012 – Hunter Murray, Sussex
2011 – Emily Passwaters, Sussex
2010 – Jeffery Sullivan, Kent
2009 – Emily Harvey, NCC