March 8, 2013 in Uncategorized
We hope that everyone has purchased the current version of the Commercial Vegetable Recommendation Guide for 2013 (CVRG-2013). The CVRG-2013 includes new information on insecticides, herbicides and cultivars. The following is a brief overview of some of the changes and updates to fungicides that are included in CVRG-2013. Some of these additions represent newly registered products. Other fungicides were added because reevaluation of trial data indicated that they were effective. This summary is not comprehensive. Also, many of these products have not been tested in replicated trials, therefore comparisons of efficacy with existing labeled fungicides is difficult. Remember to follow all label safety guidelines, rates, resistance management guidelines, and tank mix incompatibilities.
Beans-(snap and lima)
● Phosphonate fungicides (ProPhyt, K-Phite, Rampart, Phostrol) are included in the CVRG-2013 for downy mildew and cottony leak.
● Priaxor is now labeled for anthracnose and web blight.
● Fontelis is now approved for common snap bean rust.
● Uniform is now labeled for root rot. Avoid direct seed contact as delayed emergence may occur.
Cucurbits-(squash, muskmelon, pumpkin, watermelon, cucumber)
● Fontelis is labeled for gummy stem blight, powdery mildew, Sclerotinia stem rot on all above listed cucurbits.
● Luna Experience is labeled for gummy stem blight and powdery mildew on watermelon.
● Uniform is labeled for Pythium damping off and Rhizoctonia for all above listed cucurbits.
● Torino is now labeled for powdery mildew on all above listed cucurbits.
● Zampro, has been added to the previously labeled products Forum, Ranman, and Tanos for downy mildew on cucumber.
● Zampro is now labeled for downy mildew on pumpkin.
● Fontelis, Priaxor, and Quadris Top are now labeled for foliar pathogens (Septoria leaf spot, early blight) and fruit rots (early blight, anthracnose).
● Vydate was added for management of nematodes. Pre-plant or foliar applications are allowed.
● Headline AMP and Priaxor are now labeled for leaf spots and blights plus rust.
● Priaxor is now labeled for Anthracnose fruit rot.
● Ranman was added under Phytophthora blight.
● Uniform is now approved for damping off.
● Fontelis is now labeled for leaf spot and anthracnose.