A Day in the Garden – Sussex County Open House// here is the normal content // ?>
Join us Saturday, July 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free!
Join Delaware Master Gardeners and explore the multitude of benefits a garden can bestow! Exercise with a leisurely stroll. Relax on a bench and observe our many pollinators and birds. Delight in watching children discover a garden toad or spot a fish in the pond. Take deep breaths and soak in the aromas of our fragrant annual and perennial show stoppers! Catch up with a friend under a shade tree! Bring your curiosity along with your camera and capture the astounding flora and fauna that call our garden home. Learn how you can create your own special oasis on a balcony or a backyard! We can help you create that happy place! Try out the tools and techniques to garden smart and garden healthy. Channel the child inside you and join little ones as they hopscotch through our special children’s sensory garden. Shop the plant sale! Attend our free mini-workshops. Enjoy ice cream from the University of Delaware UDCreamery’s Moo Mobile (free to children under 16 with a coupon from Farmer McGregor).
Registration to attend is not necessary! This event is Rain or Shine!
Four Mini-Workshops and Free!
What will they be? Come back later and see!
Events this year include:
- Grow healthy foods in a vegetable garden
- Capture rain with barrels you can make at home
- We’re creating a meadow! Small or large, learn how a meadow can enhance your landscape or open space
- Inspiration for serenity and memorial gardens
- Meet Master Gardener Wendy Aycoth, author of “Weeds, Worms, and Wisdom”
- The perfect patio: In 2016 it was a “man cave!” 2017 it was all about “Thinking Pink!” For 2018…???
- UDairy Creamery Ice Cream available for sale from the MooMobile!
- Ask an Expert – Sick Plant Clinic
- Our popular home-grown plant sale
Special Children Events
- The international award winning “The Misadventures of Peter Rabbit in Farmer McGregor’s Garden” will show at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Kids, ask Farmer McGregor for a coupon for free ice cream!
- Art in the Garden – a hands-on activity!
Come see what we’ve designed, planted and cultivated. There is a lot new this year! Do you have a plant that’s under the weather, or not cooperating with the weather? Bring it to our Sick Plant Clinic. Visit our plant sale and take home a new plant to enjoy in your garden!
See you on Saturday, July 14!