Sussex County Master Gardeners are people who enjoy gardening, have gardening experience, want to learn more about gardening and have a desire to help others in their community.
In 2012, Sussex County Master Gardeners volunteer experts donated more than 6,189 hours of service to their community. Their contribution provides a significant economic and environmental service to the local community.
Education and outreach is at the heart of all Master Gardener activities. Through workshops, garden walks, school and community visits and an annual open house, these extraordinary volunteers provide practical and valuable gardening resources to residents in Sussex County. We invite the public to participate in the wide variety of workshops and events that are offered throughout the year:
- Current workshop offerings, online registration and brochure
- Master Gardener Volunteer Helpline
- Demonstration Garden
- Delaware Monthly Planning Guide
- Garden Smart – Garden Easy Making gardening accessible and enjoyable
- Adventures of Peter Rabbit in Farmer McGregor’s Garden
- A Day in the Garden – Annual Open House on Saturday, July 18, 2015
- Contact us