Getting Started// here is the normal content // ?>
Starting a garden can be an overwhelming task. But, how thrilling to harvest fresh fruits and vegetables from your own garden. Gardening with fruits and vegetables, herbs, and other edible plant parts is rewarding and can be accomplished with helpful tips and the assistance of Cooperative Extension.
- – Grow a garden in your backyard or use containers.
- – Select an appropriate site.
- – Take your time and start small.
- – Test and prepare your soil.
- – Plan and then plant your garden.
- – Maintain your garden using sustainable gardening techniques: start by by selecting plants properly, try to conserve water, make and use compost, and use integrated pest management to prevent and respond to pest problems.
- Vegetable Garden Planning Schedule
- Delaware Monthly Planning Guide
- Consider a Vegetable Garden
- Vegetable Garden Basics
- Additional Publications