FoodSkills// here is the normal content // ?>
As a participant in FoodSkills, you will receive:
- Grocery shopping list
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Food thermometer
- Refrigerator thermometer
- A bag of groceries.
Examples of food products include canned fruits and vegetables, pasta and dried beans.
What changes have former participants made?
- 36% rated their eating habits higher at the end of the program
- 69% improved one or more nutrition practices
- 50% consumed more vegetables
- 45% ate more fruits
- 65% increased one or food resource management skills
- 47% enhanced one or more food safety practices
What is FoodSkills?
FoodSkills provides nutrition education to any limited-resource individual in Delaware. University of Delaware Nutrition Assistants help you eat healthier for less. Stretch your SNAP benefits. Replace expensive convenience foods. Make tasty meals with the kitchen tools you already have. Answer any other questions you may have about food or food preparation.
Participants Learn To:
- Increase variety of foods eaten
- Increase fruit, vegetable, grain, and dairy products in diet
- Select, buy, and prepare economical foods to meet nutritional needs
- Prepare food safely
- Stretch the food dollar
- Get the appropriate amount of physical activity each day
69 Transportation Circle
Dover, DE 19901
461 Wyoming Road
Newark, DE 19716
Elbert N. & Ann V. Carvel
Research & Education Center
16483 County Seat
Georgetown, DE 19947