Food Safety | It’s Safe Food — Keep It Safe// here is the normal content // ?>
According to estimates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) an estimated 48 million Americans become ill and 3,000 die as a result of eating food contaminated by harmful microbes. Delaware Cooperative Extension provides educational programs to help growers, processors, supermarkets, food service operations, and consumers handle food in a manner to reduce foodborne illness.
- Would Your Kitchen Pass a Food Safety Inspection? – a general food safety program for consumers of any age.
- ServSafe- nationally recognized food safety certification program from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation.
- Dine Safe – basic food safety training for quantity food workers.
- Food Safety for Entrepreneurs – On Farm- This 8 hour program provides basic food safety information for individuals who considering developing and selling a product to the public. A required class for individuals seeking a Delaware Department of Agriculture on-farm food permit.
- Food Safety for Entrepreneurs – Cottage Industry – This 6 hour training meets food safety training requirements by the State of Delaware for those who want to take advantage of the opportunity to prepare non-hazardous foods in their own home for sale.
- Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling Practices (GAP/GHP) – Food safety program for produce growers.