Experts at Delaware Cooperative Extension are available to help the public make informed choices concerning their health care insurance needs. Extension personnel and volunteers have received specialized training in the content of health insurance and can provide you with the resources that will help individuals and families more confident in making selections about your health care insurance.
Our goal is to provide consumers with the knowledge and tools to purchase the best health insurance plan for you and your family members.
Our summary data shows this program makes a difference. We are achieving the goal we’ve set for ourselves. Click here to see the full Delaware Smart Choice Brief 2014.
Our Programs and Workshops
Smart Choice Health Insurance flyer 2014 spring dates
Do you want to reduce your confusion, feel more confident and Increase your capability to make a Smart Choice health insurance decision?
There are three important questions to answer when making a Smart Choice health insurance decision:
- WHY? Why do I need health insurance? Why is it important?
- WHAT? What do I need and want? What are my choices?
- HOW? How much will it cost? How much can I afford?
The Smart Choice program offers tools to give people confidence and help them build their smart shopping skills.
Through the Smart Choice program, participants will find tools they can use, such as:
- Definitions you will need to understand health insurance
- Sample insurance plans to show how insurance plan information will look
- Worksheets to help you make your own Smart Choice insurance purchasing decision. Worksheets include My Health Insurance Needs; My Health Insurance Plan Comparison; My Monthly Spending Plan
My Smart Choice Consumer Workbook click the title to download this consumer decision making tool.
24 Important Words to Know click the title to download this list of health insurance vocabulary
eXtension.org: Health Insurance FAQs click the title to review frequently asked questions about health insurance
Ask an Expert use this link to Ask an Expert about health insurance
University of Maryland: Insuring Your Health visit this site for more consumer information
- USA.gov: Health Insurance Information
- U.S. Department of Labor: Health Benefits Education Campaign
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners: Insure U
- Kaiser Family Foundation: Health Reform Source
- LIFE Foundation: Health Insurance 101