Credit and Debt Management// here is the normal content // ?>
Understanding your rights and responsibilities regarding credit can save you money in the future. Paying down your debt is one of the best investments of time and money you can make. The following Cooperative Extension publications and other resources will help you reduce debt and understand your credit better.
- Shopping for Credit [fact sheet]
- Managing Credit [fact sheet]
- Knee Deep In Debt [fact sheet]
- Credit Scoring [fact sheet]
- Credit and Your Consumer Rights [fact sheet]
- Credit and Divorce [fact sheet]
- Payday Loans = Costly Cash [fact sheet]
- It's Worth Your Time to Review What's In Your Credit File [fact sheet]
- Credit Repair: Self-help May Be the best [fact sheet]
- How to Dispute Credit Report Error [fact sheet]
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act [fact sheet]
- Privacy Choices For Your Personal Financial Information [fact sheet]
- Choosing a Credit Counselor [fact sheet]
Other Credit Resources
Power Pay - an online method of determining how to pay off debt in the fastest, least expensive manner. You provide information like how much you owe, how much you're paying toward each debt and the interest rate, and this program will help you determine a payment schedule and strategies for paying down your debt.
Identify Theft Information - This website is a one-stop national resource to learn about the crime of identity theft. It provides detailed information to help you deter, detect, and defend against identity theft.
Information about Bankruptcy - this is a not a Cooperative Extension site. It is provided with caution as background information for those wanting to understand the bankruptcy process.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - this federal bureau provides resources about all topics regarding credit, debt management and lending. It also provides an way to register a complaint against businesses or organizations who may have not acted responsibly and will help you find resolution for your complaint.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.