// end of the sub header // ?>
// here is the content //?>
Travel Safely during Hurricane Season
// here is the normal content // ?>
Summer vacations take a lot of planning and packing. If you travel to a hurricane-prone area, make sure you plan for a possible storm.
Whether taking a road trip or traveling abroad, stay safe with resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of State, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Find out the hurricane risk of your destination. Then, follow tips from the Ready Campaign:
- Create a Communication Plan to stay in contact with friends and family.
- Download the FEMA App for weather alerts and safety tips.
- When packing for a plane, train, or bus, consider a small emergency kit with a flashlight, batteries, and a spare USB power bank.
- Stock your trunk with emergency items for a road trip.
- If you travel with a pet, include some pet supplies.
To learn more, visit Ready.gov/Hurricanes.