From the Ground Up!// here is the normal content // ?>
From the Ground Up has been RESCHEDULED
Community & School Garden Learning Conference
February 22, 2020 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Delaware State University campus in Dover
Are you a school or community looking to create a new garden or enhance an existing garden? If so, don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear from and interact with Cooperative Extension experts, industry leaders and garden enthusiasts as we present essential best practices for creating and maintaining a successful community garden for your school, town or organization! Register here! It’s free!
8:30 a.m. Registration & Visit Exhibits
9:00 a.m. Welcome
9:15 a.m. Morning Breakout Sessions & Live Demonstrations
12:15 p.m. Lunch & Visit Exhibits
1:00 p.m. Afternoon Session: Expert Panel
1:45 p.m. Door Prize Drawings & Visit Exhibits
2:00 p.m. Adjourn
Learn more about:
- The school and community garden toolkit — steps for successful gardens
- School-based garden curricula (Preschool and Elementary)
- Funding opportunities for fruit/vegetable gardens reaching low-income Delaware schools and communities
- The Misadventures of Peter Rabbit – puppet show for youth
- Garden Smart, Garden Easy for disabled gardeners
- Children’s books to enhance the gardening experience
- Conducting a soil test
- Fruit & vegetable gardening 101
- The benefits of raised beds and how to build them
- How to container garden
- Good Handling Practices (GHPs) and Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) for garden food safety
- Recipes from the garden
- The Delaware Master Gardener Volunteer Program
- The NEW Delaware Cooperative Extension School and Community Garden Specialist Volunteer Program
- Lessons learned from the school and community garden coordinators
This informative conference will be held at the Delaware State University campus in Dover.
For more information email Tammy Schirmer email@example.com or call 302-858-2585 ext 544.
The event will be free! Use our online form and register now!
Would you like to help sponsor or donate to this event? You can! Here’s How >>> http://c-fund.us/kvh