Young people can benefit from nutrition & food preparation lessons// here is the normal content // ?>
UD Cooperative Extension once again has received funding to bring 4-H Food Smart Families-Kid in the Kitchen out to the community. This program is a 10 hour hands-on nutrition and physical activity program for 8-12 year olds. We are looking for groups that would be interested in having this series of five lessons. We will provide:
- Staff to conduct the lessons
- All materials to carry out the lessons. Each lesson will consist of hands-on nutrition education, fun physical activity, opportunity to learn and practice food preparation skills and preparation and tasting of a healthy recipe.
- Lessons will include
- The Incredible, Edible Five Food Groups
- Power Up with Protein – Eat a Variety
- Live It Up with Fantastic Fruits, Vivid Vegetables
- Glorious Whole Grains
- Got Milk?
Groups that are interested need to provide:
- A facility to carry out the lessons
- Groups of children 8-12 years old that can attend 10 hours of 4-H Food Smart Families-Kids in the Kitchen programming – no more than 20 per group. The ideal scenario would be 5, 2 hour sessions.
Families of children who attend the lessons will be invited to participate in a family event and will receive groceries to make some of the recipes in the lessons. If you would like more information you can contact Kathleen Splane firstname.lastname@example.org or 4-H Food Smart Families Project Director Kimi Moore email@example.com or call 730-4000.