2017 Produce Food Safety Trainings// here is the normal content // ?>
2017 Produce Food Safety Trainings for Direct Marketers and Small Growers
Dates and Locations:
- March 11, UD Carvel Center, 16483 County Seat Highway, Georgetown, DE
- March 18, UD Paradee Center, 69 Transportation Circle, Dover, DE
- March 25, Fischer Greenhouse, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. each day listed above
Who Should Attend?
Growers who sell primarily through direct market channels (farmer’s markets, farm stands, restaurant sales, CSA’s), growers that require yearly training to sell at farmer’s markets, and small growers who sell less than $25,000 of produce.
What to Expect at the Produce Food Safety Trainings for Direct Marketers and Small Growers?
There will be 4 hours of instruction covering the following areas:
- Introduction to Produce Safety
- Worker Health, Hygiene, and Training;
- Soil Amendments
- Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, and Land Use
- Agricultural Water use in the Field and Postharvest
- Postharvest Produce Handling and Sanitation
- How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan
After attending the entire course, participants will be eligible to receive a certificate from the University of Delaware that verifies they have completed the training course.
For more information please contact Gordon JohnsonPrint This Post