2015 Horticulture Short Courses// here is the normal content // ?>
UD Cooperative Extension is offering a comprehensive line-up of courses throughout the year. Short courses are designed to give participants up-to-date information and skills that can be applied to what they see and do on the job. Many classes also offer continuing education credits for Delaware pesticide and/or nutrient management recertification.
New for 2015 is the Landscape 101 series. This series is in direct response to green industry requests for assistance in providing basic information to landscape employees in areas such as:
- Plant Identification – Evergreens, Shrubs & Trees, Small Flowering Trees, Herbaceous Plants, Woody Shrubs, Shade Trees
- Turf Maintenance
- Weed Identification/Maintenance
Classes are one hour in length and are completely hands-on. Participants can sign-up for individual sessions or for the entire series.
Other short courses offered include:
- Greenhouse Integrated Pest Management (IPM) – March 7th UD’s Fischer Greenhouse, Newark
- Pest and Beneficial Insect Walks – June 17th at DE State Univ. in Dover and June 24th at the NCC Coop. Ext. Office in Newark
- Disease and Insect Identification Workshop – July 8 at UD’s Townsend Hall, Newark
- Pruning – March 25th at the Sussex Co. Coop Ext. Office in Georgetown, and Sept. 16th at the Kent Co. Coop. Ext. Office in Dover
For additional course and registration information click here.