The University of Delaware offers limited nematode testing services, which include predictive assays, soybean cyst nematode (SCN) egg assays, and limited troubleshooting assays for Delaware agronomic and vegetable clientele.
Predictive soil nematode assays can be sent to the service from April 1- May 1, 2015 and from October 1-November 1, 2015 unless otherwise indicated.
Soybean cyst nematode (SCN) egg assays, the most accurate means of assessing SCN, are available throughout the season.
Troubleshooting samples, which are used to determine if problems associated within a field are due to nematode damage, are available as needed. The service requests that Dr. Nathan Kleczewski is contacted prior to submitting troubleshooting samples at email@example.com or 302-300-6962.
The 2014-2016 UD Vegetable and Field Crop Nematode Assay Service price structure is as follows:
|Assay||Price as of September 1, 2014|
|Troubleshooting; Predictive survey||$50 per sample|
|Soybean cyst nematode egg assay||$30 per sample|
- Send agronomic or vegetable samples, samples to 151 Townsend Hall, Newark, DE
- Nematode_Instruction_and_Form_2015-Samples will not be processed without submission form and fee.
- Fees – checks payable to the University of Delaware or:
- We can now accept credit card payments for nematode samples. Here is the link to the form, please bookmark for future use:
Fruit and Ornamental nematode samples from Delaware can be sent to the Virginia Tech Nematode Assay laboratory at the following address:
Nematode Assay Laboratory, 115 Price Hall
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061-0331 Phone: (540)231-4650
Fax: (540)231-7477, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: https://www.ppws.vt.edu/extension/nematode-laboratory/index.html (for sample submission fees, instructions, and forms)
Delaware Soybean Cyst Nematode Resources
Delaware Nematode Control Fact Sheets
- Nematode Control Recommendations For Soybean 11-2012
- Nematode Control Recommendations for Corn 11-2012
- Nematode Control Recommendations for Vegetables 11-2012
Two Nematode Sampling Videos Featuring Bob Mulrooney
|How to Sample for Nematodes. Click to play.
||Diagnosing Nematode Damage in the Field|