The University of Delaware Nematode Assay Service accepts soil samples for nematode analysis. Plant samples suspected of having nematode issues, including those for root knot nematode, are accepted through the UD Plant Diagnostic Clinic, as well as SCN egg counts. Samples must be accompanied by the form and payment.
- University of Delaware Nematode Assay Information Sheet Submission Form and Instructions_pdf
- Fees (checks payable to the University of Delaware please):
- Routine nematode assay for plant parasitic nematode larvae- $20
- Routine nematode assay for plant parasitic nematodes for tree fruits and grape - $25
- Individual counting is necessary for Xiphinema nematodes for fruit samples which takes more time
- Soybean cyst nematode (SCN) egg assay – $10
- Routine nematode assay plus SCN egg assay - $30
Soybean Cyst Nematode Resources
Nematode Threshold and Control Fact Sheets
- Nematode Control Recommendations For Soybean 11-2012
- Nematode Control Recommendations for Corn 11-2012
- Nematode Control Recommendations for Vegetables 11-2012
Two Nematode Sampling Videos Featuring Bob Mulrooney
|How to Sample for Nematodes. Click to play.
||Diagnosing Nematode Damage in the Field|