Nematode Assay Services// here is the normal content // ?>
The University of Delaware Applied Field Crop Pathology Lab offers nematode testing services, which include predictive assays, soybean cyst nematode (SCN) egg assays, and troubleshooting assays for commercial agronomic and vegetable clientele within Delaware. Payment at the time of sample submission is required. See below for price structure and payment options.
Predictive soil nematode assays, which are used to determine nematode populations to inform growers of rotational or other management needs, can be sent to the service from April 1- May 1 and from October 1-November 15 unless otherwise indicated.
Soybean cyst nematode (SCN) egg assays, the most accurate means of assessing SCN, are available throughout the season.
Troubleshooting samples, which are used to determine if problems associated within a field are due to nematode damage, are available throughout the growing season.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Nathan Kleczewski at 302-300-6962 or email@example.com
The 2014-2016 UD Vegetable and Field Crop Nematode Assay Service price structure is as follows:
|Assay||Price as of September 1, 2014|
|Troubleshooting; Predictive survey||$50 per sample|
|Soybean cyst nematode egg assay||$30 per sample|
- Send agronomic or vegetable samples, samples to 151 Townsend Hall, Newark, DE
- Nematode Instruction and Form 2015-16 –Samples will not be processed without submission form and fee.
- Fees – checks payable to the University of Delaware or:
- We can now accept credit card payments for nematode samples. Here is the link to the form, please bookmark for future use:
Fruit and Ornamental nematode samples from Delaware can be sent to the Virginia Tech Nematode Assay laboratory at the following address:
Nematode Assay Laboratory, 115 Price Hall
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061-0331 Phone: (540)231-4650
Fax: (540)231-7477, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: https://www.ppws.vt.edu/extension/nematode-laboratory/index.html (for sample submission fees, instructions, and forms)
Delaware Soybean Cyst Nematode Resources
Delaware Nematode Control Fact Sheets
- Nematode Control Recommendations For Soybean 11-2012
- Nematode Control Recommendations for Corn 11-2012
- Nematode Control Recommendations for Vegetables 11-2012
Two Nematode Sampling Videos Featuring Bob Mulrooney
|How to Sample for Nematodes. Click to play.
||Diagnosing Nematode Damage in the Field|