Commercial Nutrient Handler Resources// here is the normal content // ?>
Becoming a Delaware Commercial Nutrient Handler
Step 1: Attend four Delaware Nutrient Management Certification Sessions. Initial certification sessions for urban horticulture are offered once a year and the exam is offered three times a year.
Step 2: Pass the Delaware Nutrient Management Commercial Nutrient Handler Exam. The exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions and you have two hours to complete the exam. Study materials are provided below to help you prepare for the exam. There is no fee to take the exam. On the day of the exam, study materials are not allowed in the exam area and you are required to show a photo I.D. prior to taking the exam.
Step 3: Pay a $150 fee to Delaware Department of Agriculture every three years. This fee is only paid after passing the exam.
Step 4: Maintain your certification by acquiring six hours of continuing education every three years.
Reciprocity with Maryland
Commercial Nutrient Handlers who are certified in Maryland and in good standing with the Maryland Nutrient Management Program may seek reciprocity by attending Delaware Nutrient Management Certification Session I, passing the Delaware Nutrient Management Commercial Nutrient Handler Exam, and submitting an application to the Delaware Department of Agriculture with a copy of their Maryland Professional Fertilizer Applicator licence.
Delaware Nutrient Management Certification Notebook
- Nutrient Management Certification Session Homework #1
- Nutrient Management Certification Session Homework #2
- Nutrient Management Certification Session Homework #3
- Commercial Nutrient Handler Calculation Review
- Commercial Nutrient Handler Calculation Review with Answers
- Commercial Nutrient Handler Topic Review
- Commercial Nutrient Handler Checklist
- Delaware Nutrient Management Law
- Water Quality Best Management Practices: Nutrients, Irrigation and Pesticides for Golf Course, Athletic Turf, Lawn Care and Landscape Industries
- University of Delaware Soil Testing Program
- Delaware Livable Lawns
- Maryland’s Lawn Fertilizer Law and Licensing
- Virginia’s Nutrient Management Certification
- New Jersey’s Professional Fertilizer Applicator Certification and Training (ProFACT)