State 4-H Teen Conference// here is the normal content // ?>
4-H is Out of This World!
February 9-10, 2019
- Invitation Letter and Itinerary
- Online Registration Form – Registration/payment is due by Friday, January 25, 2019
- Community Service Opportunity
General Information: The conference will be held on the campus of the University of Delaware in Newark. One night overnight accommodations will be provided at the UD Courtyard Marriott Hotel.
4-H Membership Status: All attendees must be enrolled and have an updated health form in Delaware 4-H Online system for the 2018-2019 program year. If you are not sure if you are a current member, please contact your county 4-H office.
Registration Fee: The total cost to attend the event is $100. Most active Jr. Council members will receive a 50% discount, based on member participation. Please check with your county office to see if you qualify prior to registering for the conference. The registration fees include:
- Overnight lodging at the Courtyard Marriott in Newark
- Engaging team-building and leadership workshops
- UD basketball game at the Bob Carpenter Center
- Meals at UD Dining Hall
- Dance and Snack Party—Feel free to wear comfortable clothes. Space themed costumes are also encouraged! (Be sure to abide by the proper dress code)
- For the community service project this year, we will take part in a RISE Against Hunger Meal Packaging Event.
Financial Aid: Information on scholarships can be obtained by contacting your county 4-H agent.
Bus Transportation: For weather and safety issues, all Sussex and Kent County attendees are required to ride the free bus to the event. Pick up and drop-off locations for the bus will be the Kent and Sussex County Cooperative Extension Offices.
Chaperones: Jill Jackson, Kaleb Scott and other members of the State 4-H staff will be chaperoning this event.
Questions: Contact Jill Jackson at 302-856-2585 Ext. 524, firstname.lastname@example.org or Kaleb Scott at 302-856-2585 Ext. 560