Delaware 4-H Salutes Military Youth and their Families for their Bravery.
University of Delaware Cooperative Extension is participating in a nation-wide program called Operation Military Kids (OMK). This initiative is designed to work throughout the state of Delaware with partners to provide sustainable support services to youth in military families before, during, and after family members are deployed.
OMK offers youth programing for military affiliated youth aged 5-18 from all branches of the service.
The Delaware program is supported by a growing network of the partnerships and efforts involving the Delaware Cooperative Extension 4-H Youth Development Programs, Army and Air National Guard, Dover Air Force Base, all Reserve units throughout the state, the American Legion, the Veterans of Foreign Wars, the Boys and Girls Clubs, the YMCA, the Delaware Department of Education, Child, Inc., as well as, numerous community civic groups and community volunteers.
The Delaware OMK partners are proud to provide support to Delaware citizens and communities addressing the issues facing military families. We strive to support youth, families and communities through a variety of actions.
The Delaware OMK Program
- Creates community support networks for military youth.
- Delivers recreational, social and educational programs for military youth.
- Supports military kids coping with the stress of knowing their deployed parents may be in harm’s way.
- Collaborates with schools to ensure that staff members are aware to the unique needs of military students.
- Educates the public on the impact of the deployment cycle on military members and their families.
- Provides opportunities for youth to become a part of the ongoing 4-H Program.
Working together we have a strong influence on military families throughout the Delaware. Contact us for more information.