Each summer Delaware 4-H provides many opportunities for 4-H members and the public to participate in camps. Some camp programs are offered as state-wide camps, while others are offered by individual county offices. Both day camps and overnight camps are offered.
State Camp Information and Forms
- Online registration for State 4-H Camp begins April 1. Click on the appropriate form below for the week you choose and your gender. If you have received a scholarship coupon, please have your code ready to enter under the section “coupon.” In addition, please download the Health Form below and mail it to the State 4-H Office.
Week 1 (June 10-15) – Girls only registration form
Week 1 (June 10-15) – Boys only registration form
Week 2 (June 17-22) – Girls only registration form
Week 2 (June 17-22) – Boys only registration form
- 2013 State Camp NEWSLETTER, Application Form and Health Form
There will be week-long State 4-H Camp in 2013 (June 10-15 and June 17-22); however, Delaware 4-H has decided to cancel 4-H Environmental Camp for 2013. This decision was made based on the fact that the only dates that Camp Barnes could accommodate us in 2013 were dates in which all 19 public school districts were still in session. The staff felt that asking campers and some counselors to miss the final days of school to attend camp were not consistent with our mission as an educational organization. 4-H staff will begin searching for a suitable location and date for 4-H Environmental Camp for 2014.
- State Camp Policies
- Directions to Camp Barnes
- What to Bring to Camp!
- 2013 Week 1 Class Descriptions and Class Selection Form
- 2013 Week 2 Class Descriptions and Class Selection Form
- 2012 State 4-H Camp Photos, more Week 1 photos, more Week 2 photos
In the summer of 2013, each county will offer a new week-long science based day camp called “Marvelous Microbes”. This exciting new camp will teach youth ages 8-12 the basics of scientific inquiry and will lead them on a path to discover the wonders of science in their own homes and neighborhoods. Watch your county newsletter for details.
County Camp Information and Forms (enrollment varies)
For camp programs in your area, please click the link for the county in which you would like to participate. Some county camps are open to 4-H members only; others are open to the general public.
Information for Camp Counselors
Applications will only be emailed to those with an email address on file with the State 4-H Office. Deadline to submit your application is January 25, 2013.