Junior Duck Stamp Program// here is the normal content // ?>
How can you participate?
Art and Conservation Statement Competition
- 2017 Contest Announcement
- Submissions must be postmarked by March 15 and mailed to:
State 4-H Office
531 S. College Avenue
113 Townsend Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- 2017 Contest Results (coming soon)
- 2016 Art entries from all states
- “Entries will be available for pickup at the State 4-H Office until April 15, 2017. Following this deadline, entries will be returned to participants in padded mailers labeled “fragile” via USPS first-class mail.” This will give anyone who wants to a chance to pick up their artwork prior to entrusting their artwork to USPS.
Junior Duck Stamp Workshops
Sussex County 4-H Office – February 11, 2017 (time TBA)
Learn about waterfowl and the importance of wetlands for their survival in an engaging hands-on workshop. Begin your artwork submission for the 2017 Junior Duck Stamp Program competition.
New Castle County 4-H Office – February 2017 (date and time TBA)
Complete an artwork and conservation message entry for the 2017 Junior Duck Stamp Program competition.
What is the Federal Junior Duck Stamp Program?
“The Federal Junior Duck Stamp Conservation and Design Program is a dynamic art- and science-based curriculum that teaches wetland and waterfowl conservation to students in kindergarten through high school. The program encourages students to explore their natural world, invites them to investigate biology and wildlife management principles and challenges them to express and share what they have learned with others.” – USFWS JDSP Website
Youth participate in an artwork competition featuring a JDSP-approved waterfowl species. The winning artwork from the national art contest will serve as the design for the Junior Duck Stamp.
Rain Vasey, Group II (grade 4-6)
2016 Best of Show for Conservation Message
By incorporating different subjects, JDSP can engage multiple types of learners and promote critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity.
In The News
- UDaily article: Winner of the 2016 Junior Duck Stamp Program winners announced.
- Delaware Junior Duck Stamp Program to host art and conservation competition – CANR News – February 1, 2016
- Sounding a duck call to join 4-H junior waterfowl stamp club – UDaily – September 25, 2015