Delaware State Fair (4-H Involvement)// here is the normal content // ?>
The Delaware State Fair is a terrific opportunity to showcase all you have done in the 4-H program.
All youth enrolled in the Delaware 4-H program are eligible to exhibit articles made as a part of project or activity work, and participate in demonstration and judging programs outlined in this department of the Fair. An enrollment card or group membership form must be on file with the County 4-H Agent by April 15 of the current year.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE – 4-H EXHIBIT TAGS SPECIAL GUIDELINES
Due to issues experienced in printing tags at the Delaware State Fair this year, we need every 4-H member to complete the following steps to provide needed information on your exhibit tags:
- DO NOT DETACH or tear off any portion of the entry tag for any reason for any exhibit.
- Enter your age on the exhibit tag. This should be your 4-H age as of January 1, 2016.
- Enter the County Code Letter for your “4-H Club.” (Note: Your County Code may be different for your actual home address as you may live in one county, but your 4-H club may be in a different county). Use N (for New Castle); S (for Sussex) and K ( for Kent).
- Securely attach tag to exhibit with best method using tape, string, or safety pin. Tags can be taped on the back side of posters, pictures, or frames. (DO NOT USE GLUE as tag will be removed to attach ribbon).
- Please remember that exhibit guidelines request that all 4-H exhibits have a label on them that will help identify exhibit ownership and class should the tag become separated for any reason.
2016 4-H – DELAWARE STATE FAIR
- 4-H Department/Pages for Delaware State Fair
- Fair Newsletter
- Buyback Policy for Jr. Livestock Auction
- Arts and Crafts Exhibit Classes: Please refer to the seven-year rotation schedule available in your county office.
- Vegetable Exhibit Training Opportunity – June 1
- Lawn Tractor Driving Training – May 25
- Fair Map to 4-H Building (the Centre)
Special Instructions for…
- SPECIAL REGISTRATION PROCESS for Consumer Champions, Avian Bowl and Window Display: Your club will need to create a CLUB ACCOUNT RECORD and enter your exhibit entry under the CLUB RECORD. To do this, enter the Delaware State Fair website Exhibitor page. The leader signs into 4H Online with the Fair system. Once in, they click to register an exhibitor.
>> For the first name box, you enter part of the club name, i.e., Porter Gang.
>> For the last name box, you enter 4-H Club.
>> Date of birth: Doesn’t matter what you enter.
>> Address, etc., the leader uses their own information.
>> Continue to the 4-H Department, select your contest (State Avian Bowl, for example), and continue to the very end of the process.
>> No 4-H member names will be given.>>>See screen print instruction here.
- Talent Show – Register ONLINE here or print off form [pdf) or [Word] here and mail to the State 4-H Office. This form will not open in Mozilla/Firefox. Call the State 4-H Office should you have any question (302-831-2509).
- Demonstrations and Digital Photography Slideshow: Send PowerPoint Presentations via UD Dropbox
(Instruction: Click the “Drop-off” button. Enter your information in box 1. For Box 2 recipient email, enter: de4h. Upload your file in box 3 and then hit the “drop-off the file” box. You’re done!)
- Poster Guideline
Host-Hostess Booking Schedule open now. Click the “book now” icon below to sign-up for a date/time spot.
2015 – Holly Anderson, Sussex
2014 – Jessica Sullivan, Kent
2013 – Bethany Killmon, Sussex
2012 – Hunter Murray, Sussex
2011 – Emily Passwaters, Sussex
2010 – Jeffery Sullivan, Kent
2009 – Emily Harvey, NCC